Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Orange And Blue

After over 10 years of following the Gators via Internet radio and enduring the midnight starting times, I finally got to see the Gators live and in the sunlight. Unfortunately, it was just the annual Spring Game scrimmage, but the good news is the Gators won.

Here's Tim Tebow taking a snap.

65,000 people showed up for a practice game.

Outside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

1996, 2006, 2008 and 2009? Football National Champions.

2006 and 2007 Basketball National Champions.

I'd like to think that I laid the ground work for the success of Gator Athletics during my 5 year stint at Florida in the early 90's, where I refused to attend classes the following week if the Gators lost.

After the game, I enjoyed my second favorite past time in Gainesville - barhopping. Chris, who drove up from Tampa, and I started at the Purple Porpoise (now, called Gator Country). Then, off to the Swamp.


Once the sun went down, we headed off to Salty Dog. This is Chris, his wife Shelley, and his father, Frank. I'm not sure why, but they posed like this in nearly every picture. I've deleted all my odd poses.

Looks like they haven't cleaned the bathroom at Salty Dog since I left in 1995.

After a late return to the hotel suite and painfully short night's sleep, here is Chris's son and future Gator, Colin, who woke me up at the crack of dawn, so he could watch cartoons.

He's a great kid, and I may have to wait another 15 years, but I've already started to plot my revenge.

No comments: