Monday, June 15, 2009

Afternoon On Kao San Road

After an afternoon full of culture at the Grand Palace, we jumped into a nearby Tuk-Tuk and sped over to Kao San Rd for some modern culture. Peace.


Our first meal in Thailand was at an Irish Pub called Molly Malone's, but we did eat Thai food - I think it was the first of only two Thai meals my aunt and uncle had in Thailand.

After an early dinner we took in the sights on Kao San Rd.


At some point in the evening, I ran into the "hammock guy". I think his name is "M". I bought grandpa's hammock from this guy when I came over in April. Believe it or not, I've been buying hammocks from this guy since 1995, when I bought one for my house during the Peace Corps.


Sorry, can't show pictures from the rest of the evening.
Going back in time, here we are (still fresh) arriving at Kao San Rd earlier in the afternoon.


Here's a picture from the Marriott ferry that took us from the hotel to the sky train pier.

And finally, here we are all together on the Chao Phraya River taxi to the Grand Palace pier. Very fresh and ready to go.

No comments: