Friday, August 28, 2009

Cash For Clunkers

I found this For Sale ad in one of the Thai Forums I read. The foreign-owner used it on his duck farm, but has since sold the farm and no longer needs it. Aside from general transportation, this truck is specially designed for sucking water out of one pond and putting it into another, or irrigating a field.

And it's all powered by a 12hp motor.


Here's the actual ad:


This is the vehicle No. one of Isaan, the "Lot Itan", The Thai Farmer Truck. I had a Duck Farm, 50km out from Korat City, but I had stop this farm, 1 1/2 years ago and sale now my Farmer Truck. Now I not use this vehicle and I not like, some other family people use it and damage it of time.


Of the Photo is my Lot Itan with a special irrigation Structure for suck water from a lake and bring water with a 1.500l Tank on the back to the farm. The structure suck but also press water for irrigation.

The Lot Itan is special buildet for a Farang , most "Thai Lot Itan" are very small buildet for the driver Cab.

Curb weight: 1.850 kg
Max weight: 4.500 kg
Length: about 4m
Wide: 2m
Transmissions: 5 gear
maximum speed: 45 km/h
engine: Standart engine Kubota 110 (550cc diesel engine with 12 HP)

The Vehicle cost me brand new, 2 years ago with engine about 240.000.- Bath. Now I sale the vehicle for 110.000.- Bath ( about 2.400.- Euro)

Here are some more pictures.




No comments: