Friday, October 7, 2011

Food Fest 2011

As great as Thailand is as a tourist destinations, there's really not that much to do.  I mean - if you've seen one temple, you've seen them all, and with my mom coming here nearly every year for the last ten years that leaves only two activities to help pass the time - foot massages and eating.

Here's a photographic record of just some of our many many meals.

Although we mostly ate out, Nuch did spend some time in the kitchen.  Here she is shopping.


for some pasta.



One day on her own in Bangkok, my mom stopped by Crepes & Co near my old apartment


This is at Koh Lanta near the airport




We spent one evening on Kao San Rd, but go rained out.  We jumped inside Lucky Beer for some snacks.


This is at my and Nuch's local restaurant along the canal.


Once again, we ordered way too much food



On our last Saturday, we stopped by a seaside restaurant



It was a Saturday, but the the work messages kept pouring in.


For our last meal we met Nuch's mom at a restaurant along the Chao Phraya where some boats had docked nearby.





My mom and I had some home-grown fried chicken.  Thais believe the meat next to the bone tastes better, so they make sure all the bones are very visible.  Thais must think it looks tasty.  I think it looks like an anatomy lesson.



Here's Nuch with her mom


Finally, one last good bye.

No comments: