Friday, August 14, 2015

Breakfast With The Cubs

For the first time in almost 10 years, I'm following the Cubs.  

I started to take notice in June when they were above .500 and had one of the better records in the National league.  By July, I was convinced they were for real and was watching a few innings of the late games before I went to work and then, following on ESPN while at my desk.  

Towards the end of July, they started slumping again, and I thought the Lovable Losers had returned.  Thinking positively - at least, I would be able to get some work done in the morning.  On July 27th, it seemed the oldest curse in baseball was in full effect, as the Cubs fell behind to the Rockies after losing a large lead.  Then, in the bottom of the 9th down by 1 run with two outs and a man on first, Kris Bryant hit a walk-off two run homer.  

I believe this swing is what has given the Cubs the momentum to win 15 out of their last 17 games - and is also why I rarely get anything done until noon.


No comments: