Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Accord 2020

So at the worst possible time, my Chevy died.  It would still drive forward, but occasionally, it would not go into reverse and I would need to push it backwards out of my driveway or parking spot at work.  In addition, it could shift up, but could not shift back down.  This is okay if you're on long stretches of highway, but around the city, I often came to complete stops and had to start again in 5th gear.  This also, meant that I had to get a running start to get over any small hills.

I eventually sold it for scrap and bought an Accord.  It's definitely an upgrade - not just bigger and better than my old Chevy, but there's also 6 years of new technology.  It feels like I've gone from horse and buggy to space ship.  My retirement may have been pushed out a few years, but my weekly drive to and from Korat is now much more enjoyable and I don't need to panic every time I see a bridge.





No comments: