Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Smooth As Silk

Since half the trip or roughly 24 hours were spent on an airplane, I thought Thai Air deserved a blog entry of its own.

Although the price was right, the seats in Economy left a lot to be desired - especially, with a full house. You can't see it from this angle, but there is no personal entertainment system on the old 747's, but they did hand out some chalk and a slate board to doodle with.



So, after the first meal I got up and met Nuch in the galley where I spent most of the flight chatting with Nuch and her co-workers and enjoying G&T's


The flight back was a different story, and a close second to the highlight of the trip, which was actually being in Germany. The return flight was not full and the in-flight manager, knowing I was doing a quick turn just to be with Nuch, took pity on me and moved me to Business Class. I'll never sit in Economy again.

My only complaint is that I had so much leg room that I had to unbuckle my seat belt if I wanted to get a magazine from the seat pocket in front of me or operate the touch screen entertainment system.


The food was superb with 4 different courses. Here's the salad and appetizer.


And roast duck for a main course.


This pretty much sums up a flight in Business Class. The blue buttons in the middle operate the built-in massage system.

No comments: