Tuesday, December 8, 2009

100,000 Of Fishes

This past weekend, I was, once again, dragged to a temple to make merit. I think this makes it 3 times in the last 4 weekends.

As usual, I put on my pouty face and went along with it. What I didn't know at the time was that this particular temple was along the Chao Phraya River, and the monks and merit-makers have been feeding the fish there for generations. As the head monk told me, there are "100,000 of fishes".

I think he may have under-estimated a bit- and these weren't little guppies. The average size must have been 12 to 18 inches long.

Here is Nuch feeding fish in an attempt to absolve herself after committing the mortal sin of making me get off my ass on a Saturday morning.

Like ice cream and balloons to a child, feeding fish somehow cheers me up - even when I would rather be making proper use of my Saturday by becoming one with my sofa.


Later, she bought me a second loaf of bread to feed the fish, and I forgave her.


No comments: