Sunday, May 23, 2010

Like A Glove

The office of our Malaysian supplier is being remodeled, so when duty called after my morning coffee, I was forced to use the worker's latrine.

When I opened the door, I had a flash back to my first days in the Peace Corps.

No seat, no air conditioning, no toilet paper, and no Sports Illustrated!!!

Only a hole in the ground and a bucket of water (not shown).


Already at the point of no return, I assumed the position and recalled some sagely advice from a fellow Peace Corps volunteer. After several beers, he had divulged that the secret is to "let the water act like a glove, a protective barrier, if you like".

Intrigued, I asked, "so, if you do it right, the sh*t never really touches your hand?"

"Wishful thinking, my friend. Wishful thinking."

The real secret is to wash your hands vigorously afterwards, and then, hope you can forget the entire experience.

No comments: