Monday, June 28, 2010

CM Russell Museum

One day we took in some culture with a trip to the CM Russell Museum. I had never heard of him and figured he was only famous in Montana, but the following week while in Chicago I overheard someone talking about him. So, he must be famous in at least two places.

His paintings documented life in the old west and are known both for their historical as well as their artistic significance. Along with him CM's painting, his museum had some other interesting displays.


There was a fundraiser of some sort where regional artists designed bison in the style of their choice and then auctioned them off (I think).

Here are two of my favorites. Hippie Bison.


and Jumping Bison. This is depicting a herd of bison being chased over a cliff by Indians.

I could make an entire sofa suite out of this bison alone.


Outside there were some more grizzlies.

No comments: