Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Girl From Brazil

Perhaps it's just me, but this advertisement creeps me out. 

It's an ad for a Thai cookie snack, which translated directly says - "No matter what face, it's good".   I think that's supposed to mean that no matter where you're from or how old you are, you're going to like these cookies.


It's placed at the bottom of the steps of the Phaya Thai Sky Train Station. 

I don't go there often, so it always makes me jump back when I come up the stairs and see the 3 faces of Anne Thongprasom, a popular Thai actress looking back at me.  Her normal self is in the middle.  To the left she is portraying a foreigner.  I know this because up close you can see that she has freckles - the telltale signs of a whitey.   Finally, to the right is Anne's morphed 8 year-old face that looks like the result of a Boys from Brazil-esque genetic experiment.

No comments: