Sunday, April 24, 2011

Super Soaker Of Youth

Songkran, otherwise known as the world's largest water fight, has come and gone.  During the days leading up to it, I was really looking forward to joining the nationwide fracas.  The past couple years I have either been out of town or the streets were closed due to protests.  However, when it finally came time to load my super soaker and head downtown, I completely chickened out. 

In fact, I planned my every move around staying dry, which is not an easy accomplishment during Songkran.  I suppose this is just another sign of getting old. 

Making things worse - today, I've been visiting the Thai blogs and websites, and I must admit that it brought back some great memories.  There's nothing in the world like the joy of watching the shock on the faces of passerbys after you shoot them with a streaming jet of bone-chilling water from your industrial-sized super soaker.   And, nothing makes you feel older than wishing you were young again. 














No comments: