Friday, June 10, 2016

That Sinking Feeling

This past Saturday, I was invited to the Grand Opening of a new furniture store in Singapore that will carry our sofas.  I would have rather been catching up on some quality couch time, but I didn't have a choice, and it turned out to be a smooth trip - made better by the fact that I was upgraded to business and it was a one-day round trip, so I had no luggage and no carry-ons.  My only complain/brag was that although I felt like a high-roller walking up to the check-in counter with nothing but a passport, the looming sense that I had forgotten something was uniquely amplified and followed me throughout the trip - to the point where I promised myself to never again travel empty handed.  

Along with waging a constant battle against my subconscious, my trip had a rather foreboding start.   When I arrived at the airport parking garage, the two security guards that usually inspect your trunk and underneath your car were sound asleep. So, note to terrorists - if you want to bomb the airport in Thailand, get up early.


I usually do not fly business class - you can tell because people who usually fly business class usually do not take pictures while flying business class - I do it every chance I get.   Just one complaint - the movie selection was the same as it was in March, so with nothing new available, I was forced to watch Goosebumps.


View of eastern Bangkok - rainy season is finally here




The new shop with some pictures of our models










Smooth as silk service on the way home.  


They must have closed the borders in China - there was absolutely no one in line at immigration.


No comments: