Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Road Less Travelled - Chiang Rai

Last week, I joined some buddies on a trip to Chiang Rai.  


Chiang Rai is the sister province of the more popular (and more populated) Chiang Mai.  I spent the second month of my 3-month Peace Corps training in Chiang Rai and was happy to return to see how things had changed.  


It had been over 20 years, so I'm not sure how much Chiang Rai had changed or how much my memories had faded.  I do remember a little Italian restaurant on this small street (it's now closed).  After eating only Thai for the first month in Saraburi, we would spend 2 or 3 days worth of our per diem for some lasagna and pizza



Although we did spend most of the time catching up over beers, we did take in a little culture.  Here's the Chiang Rai clock tower.

No comments: