Saturday, June 30, 2018

Bali With Boonchu 2018

This was my introduction to Bali - a mile long immigration line.  I must have looked anxious because a security guard came over and asked if I wanted to use the "express" lane for a $25 "fee".  I love Asia.


Boonchu (Carl's nickname in the Peace Corps) got there before me and had beers waiting.
  

Nice rooms at the Sheraton.  No beach view, but there was a little river outside our porches that connected our rooms.
 
This is where we spent most of our days.  Kuta Beach
 

This is after our surf lesson with our teacher, Guru Black


The first day there was not much of a sunset.

 

Surfing really makes you thirsty.  We had 30 beers between us at the beach bar.

 


Carl making pit stop

 

The second day we were back at the same spot


Here's to Bali

 


No comments: