Sunday, June 29, 2008

Escargot

Leaving the house last night to go to dinner, I slipped my foot into my flip-flop and almost made escargot of this wayward snail.


Thanks to my cat-like reflexes, I felt the little lump with my heal and was able to instantly reverse the force of my entire body, do a skipty-do dance with a 180 degree spin, (let out a squeal that frightened Nuch's mother), and save the snail from Mollusk heaven and my shoe from the trash bin.


Being it was dark, I initially thought it was another frog, but in fact, the frogs seem to have left - only to be replaced by the snails. There are so many now that whenever we leave and before we come back home, Nuch has me get out and clear the driveway of our new slithering friends. As you can imagine, killing one of these innocent creatures with the tire of a 2-ton SUV has huge Karma implications.

No comments: