Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fight For Your Right

For more than 150 days the People's Alliance for Democracy or PAD has occupied Government House, which is the Prime Minister's Office and comparable to the White House's West Wing. I won't go into why they're doing it - let's just say they're not happy with the current government.

The interesting part for me is the way they've gone about it. Apparently, the atmosphere of this revolutionary protest, which although peaceful is very aggressive, can be compared to a temple festival or carnival, attended by families, office workers, retirees, and students out for the day.

I haven't been there myself and neither has Nuch, although we're both curious about what is going on inside. Fortunately, I came across this video from another Thailand Blog, http://www.4amexpat.com/. I'm not sure how he got inside, as the PAD are fairly supicious of foreigners and people not wearing yellow, but he takes us on a video tour while riding his bike through the protest fairgrounds. Enjoy.


No comments: