Friday, July 3, 2009

Jaipur Train Station: When Oflactory Glands Go To Hell

I vowed to finish these Indian Trip Blogs before the end of June, but the new job has kept me busy and during my 2 trips to China of about a week each - the http://www.blogspot.com/ website is blocked by the Chinese government, so I can't update while I have some free time in my hotel room.

Anyway, after 2 days in Jaipur it was time to go see the Taj.

After our taxi ride of death from Dehli, UD and I decided to take the train from Jaipur to Agra.


I can describe the Jaipur train station in two words - "Sh*t Hole", and I'm not trying to be poetic. Literally, the place smelled of sh*t, there was sh*t everywhere along the tracks, and where there was no sh*t along the tracks someone was squatting there with their *ss hole hanging out taking a sh*t.

Here's UD trying to find a breeze to avoid the omnipresent smell of yesterday's curry.

As bad as the train station was, the cars were quite nice. In the future, I would definitely recommend taking the train - just don't show up too early.

Here are some pictures I took along the way.

Those little brown things are mud pies - human or bovine, I can't say.


Guy taking a dump.

The brightly colored sarongs worn by the Indian women were a pleasant retina massage against the dusty, desert landscape.

Boys running in front of a pond filled with water buffalo

One of the many shanty towns we passed along the way.

No comments: