Monday, August 1, 2011

New Age Tiramisu

You know you're from Orange Park when you think that Tiramisu is Japanese food. 

Fortunately, I'm a bit more sophisticated than that thanks to our Thai supplier who is a connoisseur of fine foods and enjoys taking me and my boss out to try some of Bangkok's newest delicacies.

Last week she took us to one of the more hoity toity Italian restaurants in town.  My boss had the best ravioli he's ever had.  I had the best ever Tiramisu. 

At first, I thought they had brought me the wrong dish.


But, the Italian chef pours hot coffee on the cream-filled chocolate cannonball, and voila...

It still doesn't look like Tiramisu, but all the flavors are there.



Note to self.  Apparently, it's not proper etiquette to take pictures of your food in fancy restaurants.  Our very proper host tried to be discreet, but she literally cringed when I whipped out my BB to take these pictures.

No comments: