Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thai Air Wedding

A while back Nuch dragged me along to the wedding ceremony for one of her friends from Thai Air.




Here are the bride and groom just before the water pouring ceremony.


As usual, I'm the only honky.




Before the wedding started, they had a Kan Mak, which is where the groom along with his friends and relatives have a small parade from his home to the brides home.  Fortunately, they live in the same neighborhood.




The parade members each carry a something symbolic of love and commitment.  Here's the dowry.




I'm not sure what chicken is supposed to symbolize - just thought it was funny how I caught this girl in mid-yawn, making it look like she was about to swallow it whole.




Is fish a symbol of fertility?  I just remember the Diff'rent Strokes episode, when Arnold asked Willis where babies come from - avoiding the Birds and Bees talk, Willis told him babies come when women eat fish while wearing a bikini.  Next day, Arnold sees Kimberly eat fish while wearing a bikini....



Bananas and Melons don't leave much to the imagination.


1 comment:

Psychomud said...

"As usual, I'm the only honky."

HAHAH! Classic! And so true!
That's how I feel in Korat!