Friday, January 17, 2014

Suvarnabhumi Pet Peeves

Bangkok's International airport opened in 2006 and is already overbooked.  At least half of my flights park away from the gate in the middle of the tarmac, and a bus comes to pick us up.  

It's only a short bus ride, and it drops you right next to immigration - instead of the mile-long walk you would normally take from the gate.  However, after a long flight, the last thing I want is to be crammed together with my fellow passengers in an even small tin can.  In addition, it feels like an extra and unwanted leg has been added to my trip.  It would be my #1 Suvarnabhumi pet peeve, if not for the times when the plane actually parks at the gate, but instead of simply walking through the gate and into the airport, they have you walk across and through the gate, out a back door, down a set of stairs, and onto the waiting bus.  I've asked Nuch why they do this and she's not able to explain.


No comments: