Friday, April 18, 2008

Foodfest 2008

My mom has seen just about every temple in Thailand, as well as most of the beaches, tourists attractions, and shopping malls. So, to keep ourselves busy during her recent visit, we did one of two things: sit by the pool or eat. Any time in between was usually spent deciding when or where we would do the other activitiy. In typical Moody fashion we took pictures of most meals. So, here they are.

My mom's first full day in Thailand started at Trader Vic's Sunday brunch.





My mom and Nuch's mom in the Marriott garden after brunch.



Carl and Emily joined us, as well.



On Songkran day we had dinner at Pier 61 next to the river. Here is my mom and Nuch paying respect to restaurant's Buddha image on the way in.




These three girls were the Songkran welcoming committee. They were kind enough not to douse us with water before our meal.





One of my mom's last nights in Bangkok we ate at Good View Restaurant with Nuch and her parents.





Her cousin, Note, joined us, later in the evening. He was the MC at our wedding along with my friend, Carl. In case you're curious, I was too afraid to ask him what a "Kahlua Hummer" is.



Here I am demonstrating my special technique for pouring egg into our vegetable Suki.




One night my mom and I joined Nuch and her dad at a local restaurant along a Bangkok canal.




Relaxed/ local atmosphere and great seafood. Nuch and I end up there a couple times each month.



For dinner one night I had a monster burger that had to be eaten like a steak...



and my mom had Pad Thai cooked in thin omelet wraps.



The view from the 3rd floor of the Marriott atrium looks down on the Market restaurant.



Flat Josie joined us at Trader Vic's on my mom's last evening in Thailand.


To finish the trip and last meal off, we had a little dessert - chocolate covered ice cream balls shrouded in a cool mist.


No comments: