Sunday, April 6, 2008

Welcome to Thailand

My mom arrived at 2:30 am and 9 hours later we were at Trader Vic's for brunch. Nuch's family was able to join us along with my friends Tim and Carl and his wife and daughter.

Trader Vic's is an international buffet with a leaning towards seafood. I tend to fill up on the salmon and grilled lobster. The cheeses are nice, too. As are the desserts, breads, soups, and Italian hors d'oeuvres and meats.

Here are some pics from the afternoon (it's almost midnight, and I have to get up at 5:30, so these are in no particular order).

My mom and I. You can't see it, but I cut myself three times shaving that morning. I blame the 4 hours of sleep the night before.

Tim enjoying a view of the river.


Here's Nok and Emily. Everybody came to see my mom, but I'm afraid Emily stole the spotlight - even when she's eating mushroom bruschetta.


Emily and Carl



Tim selecting cheese.

Nuch and my mom.


I think this is a yawn. We were up until 5 am.


Here is dessert.



Strange fish carving next to the seafood grill.

Looks like Nuch's wearing a plate.



On the way out, Tim got a quick lecture on something from Nuch's dad.


Moms in the garden next to Trader Vic's.




Nuch talking to my mom and it looks like her brother, Pat, in the background flirting with the hotel intern.


After brunch, we took a walk around the hotel grounds.




Then, my mom, Tim, and I got a much deserved foot massage.



Towards the end of the day, after everyone had gone home, my mom and I relaxed next to the pool.




Last but not least - flat Josie on the Trader Vic's mascot.

No comments: