Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where's The Beef

I had a new adventure in Thai cuisine yesterday. When I came home from work, I found some beef jerky on the table that, I assumed, Nuch had bought for me. I had a few bites to tide me over til dinner and have to say it was pretty tasty - until Nuch asked me if I liked her vegetarian beef.

Nuch has decided to eat vegetarian for a month, which is not uncommon in Thailand for people who wish to make merit. For all those people who have chosen to live on rice, fruits, and vegetables, a sub-market of fake meats has been created - in this case, some non-beef, beef jerky made from mushrooms. I'm still not sure what they did to the mushrooms to give them that beef jerky toughness.


She also had some crispy fried chicken bits made from Tofu.


Here's some vegetarian Peking Duck.


No comments: