Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Where's Jack?"

I'm officially addicted to Lost.

I recently discovered a website where I can download every episode. This lets me catch up on a series that has been around for 4+ years. It also lets me watch 4 episodes in row. This has its good points and bad points. On the good side - I can easily get my Lost fix. On the bad side - I stay up too late. In addition, because I watch 3 to 4 episodes back to back without commercials, I pick up on certain "Lost" idiosyncrasies that have started to become annoying.

One - perfectly triangulated sweat patterns. (Bernard is the one exception)

Two - a third of all scenes begin with someone asking where someone else is. "Where's Jack?", "Have you seen Locke?", "Where did Kate go?" Answers vary between "I don't know", "I thought s/he was with you", and "at the beach/ hatch".

Three - the fact that no one has killed Sawyer in his sleep is tempting to dispell my suspension of disbelief.

Four - an episode is not complete without at least one scene depicting an argument/ debate to determine who goes and who stays.

Finally - after almost 2 full seasons, I've realized you only need to watch the last 2 minutes of the previous episode and the first five minutes of the next episode. Basically, to get the cliffhanger and then, the resolution. The 'previously on Lost' intro helps, too, but everything else in between, although scenic, is just filler.

Only 3 and a half seasons to go.

2 comments:

RonVirginia said...

Sawyer is the coolest character!

Anonymous said...

You have to watch all the seasons, it will drive you crazy. I can't wait until the new season starts this Jan.
Best of luck in korat.
Jon