Saturday, May 16, 2009

Land Of A Thousand Golf Carts

Just got back from a quick trip to the US with Nuch to visit her Aunt and Uncle and finally have time to upload some pics.

Here's Aunt Agnun (Nuch's mother's sister) and Uncle Bruce at their home in Peachtree City, otherwise known as the Land of a Thousand Golf Carts.


If you've never been there, the concept is not so different from M. Night Shyamalan, The Village, but instead of rejecting all modern conveniences and dressing up like pilgrims, the people of Peachtree City simply drive around in golf carts.


They do have cars and roads, but golf cart paths are everywhere, making everything easily accessible without the use of a combustion engine.


The kids even take their golf carts to school.

The 90+ miles of cart paths connect you to schools, restaurants, shopping centers, and each of the neighborhoods within Peachtree City. They also weave through the idyllic forest and follow the shores of the Peachtree lakes where you can find streams, waterfalls, and wildlife.


It's also a chance for a mini-rally car race. Here's uncle Bruce leaving me in the dust.
When we weren't relaxing or scooting around in a golf cart, we were eating. Italian at Maggiano's...


Mexican...
Instead of experiencing the cuisine of every Nation, we saved some time and went to IHOP, the International House of Pancakes. I think the last time I ate at IHOP was in 1989, during my Senior year in high school, when it was the happening late-night hangout in Orange Park. Perhaps it was there that I first discovered my desire to see the world?

I never considered IHOP a high risk environment, but apparently, some of their foods can cause serious illness or death, as described in the warning at the bottom of their menu.
I can't say it was the highlight of our trip, but Nuch's discovery of grits was a big moment. She liked them so much, we had to buy a box of Quaker Instant Grits to bring home with us.

All good things must come to an end. After gaining 6 pounds and adding a notch to my belt, here I am with my Last Supper. Auntie Agnun made some Thai food to help prepare my stomach for the lighter loads it will experience back in Bangkok. Aroi!

No comments: