Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Cold-blooded Friend


For the past several months a little gecko lizard has been scaring the be-jesus out of me every morning as I brush my teeth.

My morning routine in Korat starts after several 15-minute snoozes and a cold shower. I, then, lumber downstairs to get dressed and brush my teeth. I must still be in a daze because it's always a shock to see this little lizard staring down at me from the bathroom window.

But have no fear, although it has penetrated the steel safety bars, I am safely separated from it by a lizard-proof screen.

I took this picture several weeks ago, and I am sorry to report that my little cold-blooded friend has left me for a more private and intimate residence. I'm afraid I was testing my my digital camera and the succession of 15 flashes likely frightened him off. Even worse, this is the best picture I could get.

No comments: