Thursday, August 21, 2008

Patience Part II

These pictures were taken on the same day that I took the pictures of Nuch's garden (Patience Part I).

After brunch at the Marriott, we rushed back home to pick up Nuch's mother, who had her monthly appointment with Dr. Sunthorn (of "An Apple a Day" fame).

This is the sign outside his clinic/ home. It's looks as historic as his clinic.



Once there, and with Nuch and her mom talking to Dr. Sunthorn, I, for the second time in the same day, found myself with extra time on my hands, enjoying some of the finer aspects of being married, and mastering the art of patience.

Fortunately, to help pass the time, I still had my camera with me.

Dr. Sunthorn's house and clinic are in the same compound - house on one side, bordering a small canal and clinic on the other side next to the road. In the middle is a tropical garden filled with a collection of alien plants from galaxies far, far away. I have to give Dr. Sunthorn some credit. His garden doesn't necessarily have the mass that Nuch's dad's garden has, but what it lacks in quantity is well made up for with the quality of its exotic specimens.


The lawn decorations are a nice touch.


After exploring the garden, I took a stroll along the canal that runs adjacent to Dr. Sunthorn's home. Here's one of Thailand's famous long-tailed boats. I'll add a video later.


Soon after, it was time to go home, and I'm happy to report that Nuch's mother is as healthy and as fiery as ever.

No comments: