Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hi Ho!, Hi Ho!

I was driving to work like any other day and happened to have my camera sitting next to me. So, to pass the time, I snapped some pictures of Korat starting its day.

Five people on a motorcycle is a common sight, but it's usually a husband and wife and three small kids. This was a father and 3 grown sons - equally impressive. I didn't get a picture of their faces, but they all looked exactly alike - as in 40 year-old man faces.


I live near a horse track, but apparently, the stables are down the road because every day I pass the horses walking back after their morning run.


Art Deco apartment, but look at those wires.


Suzuki Samuri with monster truck tires.



Thailand's link to the past, a traditional 3-wheeled "Samlor", making a right hand turn while clogging the roads and almost making me late.


Blurry picture of a broom vendor. For some reason brooms are the one household item that are still sold door to door in Thailand.

No, this is not a carjacking.

Just your friendly neighborhood, masked flower vendor.

Finally, a short video of the last of three harrowing intersections that I must traverse on the way to work each day. No stop lights, no signs (that anyone pays attention to), no cop, and only one traffic law to guide us all - every man for himself.

No comments: