Monday, March 17, 2008

A Little Too Close To Nature

I was getting ready to drive back to Korat this morning, when I noticed an unwanted friend, hoping to hitch a ride.



You may know that in most Asian countries people take their shoes off before going inside. Great idea for keeping dirt and dust from getting inside your house while keeping the smell of sweaty feet outside your house. Only drawback is, apparently, Thai frogs like the smell of my sweaty feet.



Unfortunately, this is not the first time frogs have have taken shelter in my shoe. The first time this happened, I didn't see the frog and tried to put my shoe on. When my shoe didn't fit, I figured I had left a sock stuffed inside. Needless to say, when I reached inside and realized it was a frog, I squealed like a little schoolgirl. Nuch's mother ran outside to see what happened and told me, don't worry about the frogs - just be careful not to put my shoe on when there's a snake or scorpion inside.

No comments: