Sunday, December 9, 2007

Around the World and Back (Barely)

I complain about some aspects of my work, but there are many advantages.

Earlier this year, on the way to Italy to visit some leather suppliers, I was able join Nuch on her Thai Air flight for a stop-over in Paris.


We never had a church ceremony, so we said our vows in Notre Dame. No minister, just a bunch of tourists to bear witness. Hope that counts.


Newly married, we visited the Arc de Triomphe

and later, Sacre Couer de Montmarte.



After two days of wine and cheese, Nuch went back to Thailand, and I headed to Italy. I was there for three days, but didn't take any pictures, except for the inside of leather tanneries and some new leather products - I'll save those for another blog entry.

My next stop was Brazil. I was there for less than 24 hours, but had a chance to take a morning walk down the beach at Fortaleza.


Here's one picture of the tannery in Forteleza. I'll try to find some more.


After a day in Brazil, I was off to Buenes Aires. I had a long weekend before me meetings, so I did a little sight-seeing. It's a beautiful city, filled with parks and museums. Here are some pics from the cemetary where Eva Peron was buried - unfortunately, I never did find her grave.


I ate enormous steaks, churrasco, for every meal and gained 4 pounds.


4 countries in a little over 10 days and it was time to head back. Unfortunately, my trip back to Thailand was a nightmare. 60 hours of transfers, flight delays, and and a night in the Charles De Gaule Airport Terminal.

But overall, it was a great trip. I saw a lot of new places, ate by far the best steaks I've ever had, found some new tanneries that make up a big portion of our current leather supply, and last but not least, got married in a church called Notre Dame.

No comments: