Monday, December 17, 2007

Trip to the Market

Seems I've slowed down a bit on my regular blog entries after a prolific beginning.

I had planned to visit my local pub in Korat and do an entry, but due to the upcoming elections all the pubs were closed. In addition, things have been pretty slow - I think everyone, including myself, is just waiting for these last 2 weeks to pass by so we can start the new year celebrations.

But with a target of 50 entries by Christmas hanging over my head and the motto that nothing in life is too routine or too mundane, I will now take you on a journey to the local market.

Sunday morning, I was going out to get some breakfast, so I asked Nuch's mom if she needed anything from the local market. She said she wanted some Giant garlic imported from China. She told me where to find them in the local market and how to buy them, and if I had problems to call her. Oh, ye of little faith.

Any trip to the market begins with a 7 baht motorcycle taxi ride. Unfortunately, traveler's insurance is not available, so ride at your own risk.






Here are some pics of the market. It was a little late, so it wasn't very crowded, which meant I was very conspicuous. If I had a nickle for every stare...

Here's the Giant Garlic from China that I successfully procured - without any outside help, I might add.

Fish

Meat - this guy wasn't very happy about me taking his picture.

Veggies


I then took a little walk down the street along the main road. Just a normal Sunday afternoon. I may have to do this again. I didn't focus on anything, in particular, but if you watch the corners of the video, there's a lot of weird stuff going on. Enjoy.

No comments: