Sunday, December 23, 2007

Introducing Emily

This past Saturday Nuch was in Paris, so on my way into Bangkok I stopped by my friend Carl's house for a quick happy hour and a chance to catch up on recent happenings.

Carl and I were in the Peace Corps together, so we've known each other for almost 13 years. In addition, we both went to Thunderbird and have lived in Thailand for most of the last 8 years, so it's nice for me to be so far away from home, yet still have someone that knew me back when I was relatively normal.

I haven't seen him much lately because he's got a new baby daughter, Emily (i.e. his wife won't let him go out). She's an amazing little girl, and as much as I enjoy happy hours and catching up with Carl, it's been great being able to watch her grow up. Here are some pictures.

She loves the strawberries





Here she is getting a head start on her international business education. When she's not reading The Economist, she prefers Barney and other children's books. A while back I was reading Squash and Squeeze to her, and she was able to finish the last word of every sentence. Now, she has effectively memorized the book, so whenever I stop or pause, she will say the next word in the sentence.

She must get it from her mother.

No comments: