Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bad Omen

In Thailand, omens, fortune tellers, "Feng Shui", and Taro Cards play a big part in most people's lives. I don't put much value in it, but I don't knock it, either. First off, before we got married a fortune teller all but told Nuch that I was the right guy for her, and for this I'm eternally grateful.

At the same time, fortune can work both ways. Last week, I was pretty sick - fever, body aches, cold sweats, and a hacking cough. I went to the doctor, got medicine, started to feel better and planned to go to work in the afternoon. Nuch, being the good wife that she is, was adamant that I stay home and get better. I refused, got my keys, and walked out the door. As I did, I heard something hit the ground.


The lucky jade lion that Nuch bought me last year had fallen off my key ring. With this omen, Nuch's judgement was clearly justified, as the gods had visibly spoken.

As for me, bad omen and all, I still went to work. However, it's been 2 weeks and I'm still sick, so call it what you like - bad karma, bad omens, lucky jade lions, or stubbornness, I probably should have listened to my wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Web design
very bandy, thanx a lot for this blog .... This is exactly what I was looikng for.