Friday, December 7, 2007

Santa's Workshop

Just down the road from the Noodle Shop is a little 4 x 4 kiosk lit up like Santa's Workshop. You can kinda see it (the red blob) over Stewart's shoulder.


Although I've driven past it a million times and am often hypnotized by its dazzling lights while eating my noodles, I've never ventured over to see what goodies it has to offer. To be honest, it looks a bit too seedy - even for me.

But after my Bus # 1 blog, I felt obliged to write about something more intriguing. So, last night after my noodles, I trotted over to have a gander.



Santa's Workshop, as I'll call it, is a distributor of local moonshine, sold at 10 baht a shot.
But it's not just moonshine. Santa has concocted a magic recipe of herbs and secret ingredients that lends special abilities to those who partake.



Santa's 4 Secrect Recipes from left to right are:

1. Vigorous Horse
2. Strength Forever
3. Tiger King
4. Three Musketeers

I was told that one shot of any of these potions could give me special powers that, as Santa's little helper put it - my wife would appreciate. Unfortunately for Nuch, she was in Bangkok, but for the sake of this blog, I helped myself anyway : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did Stuart have to sufffer through the drink's after-effects?