Thursday, December 6, 2007

There Can Be Only "1"

Driving home from dinner on Tuesday evening, Nuch and I came across a rare find. Bus Line #1

How many lines are there in Bangkok? I'm not sure exactly, but I've seen route numbers as high as 650. That being said - there is only one #1, and it runs along Tok Rd. It starts in front of the Good View Restaurant and Pub, where we had dinner, and my guess, is that it goes down Charoen Krung Rd.

I would have taken a ride, but after the Peace Corps, I vowed never to ride another red (or green) Bangkok bus. Here's a pic.

Update:

I did a little research. Route 1 goes from Tok Rd, runds down Charoen Krung and ends up somewhere near Wat Po. I'm sure you're happy to know that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is the most random post yet......not sure it should count toward the 50....